PACKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR RETURNS
UPS and other carriers will ONLY insure damage in transit due to their own mishandling or loss, ie. when the box shows visible damage. MQuan Studio will not be able to refund returned work that is broken in transit due to insufficient packing. Please reach out if you are unsure about packing, we are happy to help!
- Wrapping the ceramic piece:
- Use enough packing material to tightly wrap the ceramic piece. Re-use the corrugated cardboard and add additional bubble wrap or packing material to protect all edges that are vulnerable to chipping
- Cardboard should separate components of work that are assembled to make a complete piece
- Wall Hangings- Curtains & PLT's:
- Pinched discs or shells- ‘Accordion’ the discs with paper inbetween each disc and wrap them tightly together. The idea is that these do not clank against each other in transit or they will crack
- Porcelain featherbones- wrap them separately with bubble wrap, these will break if they hit any other ceramic work enclosed
- Packing the box:
- Line the bottom of the box with 3” peanuts/packing material
- Place the wrapped ceramic piece in the center of the box with peanuts surrounding it on all sides. Cover top with packing peanuts. Make sure none of the work is right up against any side of the box.
- If you have multiple pieces, leave a little space between them, filled with packing material
- Use LOTS of packing material, it should be like trying to close an overstuffed suitcase. The idea is that you when UPS is throwing that package around, and the packing material compresses and settles, there is still not room for the ceramic pieces to shift in the box.
- Please clearly write the RA# on the outside of the box, unauthorized returns will not be accepted. Once the work has arrived in good condition, a refund will be issued
- Send to the MQuan Studio address specified via UPS, insured for the full value, and send tracking to us at firstname.lastname@example.org