MQuan Studio: PACKING INSTRUCTIONS FOR RETURNS
Please read through and let us know if you have any questions, we will be happy to help.
Shipping carriers will ONLY insure damage in transit due to THEIR mishandling or loss. MQuan Studio will not be responsible to refund returned work that is broken in transit due to insufficient packing.
Write the RA# on the outside of the box. When the work is received in good condition, a refund will be issued.
- Wrapping the ceramic piece:
- Use enough packing material to tightly wrap the ceramic piece. Re-use the corrugated cardboard and add additional bubble wrap or cushion to protect edges that are vulnerable to chipping. The general rule of thumb is that you cannot feel the piece through the packing material.
- Wrap work tightly enough so that the ceramic cannot hit ceramic in transit. It will break, crack or chip.
- For pieces with Featherbones- wrap them separately with bubble wrap, these will break if they hit any other ceramic work enclosed.
- Curtains & PLT Discs- ‘Accordion’ the discs with paper in between and wrap them tightly together. The idea is that these do not clank against each other in transit or they will crack.
- Packing the ceramic piece in the box:
- Line the bottom of the box with 2-3” peanut/fill material.
- Place the wrapped ceramic piece in the center of the box with peanuts or fill surrounding it on the sides, and in between if there is more than 1 piece of work. Make sure none of the work is right up against any side of the box.
- Continue to fill the box with LOTS of packing material, it should be like trying to close an overstuffed suitcase. The idea is that when UPS is throwing that package around, and that packing material compresses and settles, there is still not much room for the ceramic pieces to shift in the box.